Editors: Jonathan L. Ferencz; Nelson R.F.A. Silva; Jose M. Navarro
Advances in materials science and digital technologies have revolutionized the field of ceramic-based restorative and implant dentistry. Forward-thinking clinicians and dental technicians must negotiate this rapidly changing landscape to determine which materials and technologies are validated by laboratory and clinical evidence, have the potential to improve patient outcomes, and are practical for clinical application.
To provide insight into these issues, the editors of this book have assembled the talents of the various stakeholders in this field. International authorities from a variety of disciplines have come together to share expertise from the biomaterials, industry, clinical, and laboratory perspectives. The result is a comprehensive reference on all-ceramic technology that combines thoughtful analysis of the state of the science with practical clinical advice for dentists and laboratory technicians alike.
This book will provide readers with the tools to judge the research presented in the literature and incorporate best practices and advances in materials and technology into their armamentarium in a way that will benefit their patients.
01. Challenges in Engineering and Testing of Bioceramics-P.G. Coelho, T.G. Bromage
02. The Role of Industry in Developing New Ceramics-G.W. Tysowsky, R. Gottlander
03. Practice-Based Research on the Effectiveness of Ceramics-V.P. Thompson, K.A. Malament
04. Posterior Partial-Coverage Restorations: Inlays and Onlays-P.C. Guess
05. Individual Ceramic Crowns for Teeth-E.A. Bonfante, S. Gracis
06. Ceramic Veneers-S. Morimoto, M.A. Calamita, C. Coachman, G. Gürel
07. Fixed Dental Prostheses for Anterior and Posterior Teeth-I. Sailer
08. Ceramic Applications to Restore Implants-J.R. Strub, M.V. Swain
09. Cementation Procedures for Ceramics-M. Kern
10. Monolithic Zirconia Complete-Arch Reconstructions-E. Grob, M. Sisera
11. Successful Ceramic Application on Various Substructures-M. Calgaro, V. Clavijo, R. G. da Costa, W. Clavijo
12. Ceramic Dental Implants-R. Kohal, E. Van Dooren
13. Digital Workflow in Reconstructive Dentistry-W. Att, M. Girard