Guidelines for Assessment, Diagnosis, and Management
Author/Editor: de Leeuw, Reny; Klasser, Gary D. (Ed.)
The American Academy of Orofacial Pain
Издадена: Fifth Edition 2013
Издателство: Quintessence Publ. Comp. Inc.
Book, Hardcover, 312 pages, 8 images
Раздел: Functional Therapy
The AAOP Guidelines for Assessment, Diagnosis, and Management of Orofacial Pain is an invaluable resource for all health care professionals who evaluate and treat patients with orofacial pain and face the daunting task of "keeping up with the literature" in the rapidly emerging arena of pain management in clinical practice.
This new edition continues to emphasize evidence-based knowledge and, for the first time, offers a summary of key points at the beginning of each chapter. Other important changes include an entirely new chapter on sleep and its relationship to pain and well-being; new imaging guidelines for the diagnosis of headache, TMD, and neuropathic pain; a new section on dysesthesias related to neuropathic pain; comprehensive descriptions of SUNCT/SUNA in the chapter devoted to primary headache disorders; and recommendations for quantitative sensory testing, narcotic agreement, and brief screening questionnaires used in patient assessment. Most important, the differential diagnosis and TMD chapters reflect the recommendations of the long-awaited RDC/TMD taxonomy, which will have a significant impact on clinical practice.
01. Introduction to Orofacial Pain
02. General Assessment of the Orofacial Pain Patient
03. Diagnostic Classification of Orofacial Pain
04. Vascular and Nonvascular Intracranial Disorders
05. Primary Headache Disorders
06. Episodic and Continuous Neuropathic Pain
07. Intraoral Pain Disorders
08. Temporomandibular Disorders
09. Cervicogenic Mechanisms of Orofacial Pain and Headaches
10. Extracranial Causes of Orofacial Pain and Headaches
11. Sleep and Orofacial Pain
12. Axis II Biobevavioral Considerations